Valve specs

10 replies to this topic
  • mrWR450

Posted October 16, 2011 - 03:39 PM

Anyone know what the clearances are supposed to be on a 03 WR450? Thanks.

• MANIAC998

Posted October 17, 2011 - 04:13 AM

A simple search will turn up what you need. Maniac

• GuyGraham

Posted October 18, 2011 - 04:06 AM

Intake 0.10-0.15mm
exhaust 0.20-0.25mm

• mrWR450

Posted October 19, 2011 - 03:10 AM

Thanks Guy!

• Sknight

Posted October 19, 2011 - 08:31 AM

A simple search will turn up what you need. Maniac

41 characters.

Intake 0.10-0.15mm
exhaust 0.20-0.25mm

35 characters.

Easier to answer the question than telling him to search! Yes yes, it's been covered but so much traffic goes across here that info can get lost in a search or buried deep in a thread.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MANIAC998

Posted October 19, 2011 - 07:43 PM

*Deleted*

Edited by MANIAC998, October 21, 2011 - 03:10 AM.
Useless post

• Sknight

Posted October 20, 2011 - 05:13 AM

Just spitting out "Do a search newb" with the don't bother us kid tone that is the norm around here is just as bad if not worse than not searching. Fellow just asked a question, a simple one at that, and you brushed him off.

And don't try to call me out on time, March is just as long as I've been here. I've been on forums longer than you've been here, have nearly 10% your number of posts in less than 10% of the time you've been here, I'm a mod at other forums and active on others. While you're generally helpful you and your whopping 1234 posts are nothing special.

Bottom line is that he asked a question, not hand you an excuse to be dismissive.

Edited by Sknight, October 20, 2011 - 06:04 AM.
Slight grammar correction.

• byggd

Posted October 20, 2011 - 12:20 PM

41 characters.

35 characters.

Easier to answer the question than telling him to search! Yes yes, it's been covered but so much traffic goes across here that info can get lost in a search or buried deep in a thread.

Better yet. Here is a link to download the shop manual for free and answer it himself :thumbsup:

http://www.yamahaown...ook.com.au/?r=0

• mrWR450

Posted October 21, 2011 - 05:30 AM

Although I'm officially a newb here, I have been here under a different name since 2004, and had many posts under that name. This name I now use is just that, a new name, minimal to no activity here as I just don't have the time -- too involved in cars and work etc. BUT, I still have my thumper, and hoped I would not get the dismissive remark, but I did which reinforced my idea that some BBS people are just weeners, plain and simple. No harm no foul, I have a book for the WR which likely has the specs in it, more interested in chattering about the WR with others as I am 'getting back' into my WR more than I have over the past few yrs. Cheers all!

• miweber929

Posted October 21, 2011 - 07:49 AM

Just spitting out "Do a search newb" with the don't bother us kid tone that is the norm around here is just as bad if not worse than not searching. Fellow just asked a question, a simple one at that, and you brushed him off.

And don't try to call me out on time, March is just as long as I've been here. I've been on forums longer than you've been here, have nearly 10% your number of posts in less than 10% of the time you've been here, I'm a mod at other forums and active on others. While you're generally helpful you and your whopping 1234 posts are nothing special.

Bottom line is that he asked a question, not hand you an excuse to be dismissive.

So I'll step in here and say if what you are saying is true:

Why have stickys then?

Why have a sticky thread called !!!Newbie Survival Guide!!! - READ THIS!!!?

Why clutter a forum with the same questions over and over again?

If you are a mod, you should want to stop reposting as much as anyone would. And the FAQ answers quite a few of the qusetions.

Although I'm officially a newb here, I have been here under a different name since 2004, and had many posts under that name. This name I now use is just that, a new name, minimal to no activity here as I just don't have the time -- too involved in cars and work etc. BUT, I still have my thumper, and hoped I would not get the dismissive remark, but I did which reinforced my idea that some BBS people are just weeners, plain and simple. No harm no foul, I have a book for the WR which likely has the specs in it, more interested in chattering about the WR with others as I am 'getting back' into my WR more than I have over the past few yrs. Cheers all!

If you have been on TT for a while, why did you not do a simple search? That takes all of 2 minutes to search something that has been covered to death MANY times, probably longer than creating a post. Simply telling someone to search is not dismissive, it's saying do some effort and look for something that is easy to find.

This doesn't need to blow up into anything big, but I'm as sick of people constantly asking about jetting when we have SO much info, including a thread where people literally post their jetting specs including elevation that you simply ahve to go through a few pages and you'll find it. William made some HUGELY informative jetting posts on answering 99% of all jetting question and people still do not read it and ask every few days. And valve clearence qusetions are asked about every 2 weeks, I get the "do a search" comment.

Maniac is one of the first people to step up and give good advice when needed. This time his advice was SEARCH, which was the needed advice in this situation. Post counts mean nothing on either end, question was asked, advice was given, end of story.

Mike

• Sknight

Posted October 21, 2011 - 09:18 AM

Why clutter a forum with the same questions over and over again?[SNIP]

If you are a mod, you should want to stop reposting as much as anyone would. And the FAQ answers quite a few of the qusetions.[SNIP]

Post counts mean nothing on either end, question was asked, advice was given, end of story.

Mike

Yep I'm a mod and you know what? Had this happened over on the forum I mod I'd have answered his question had Guy not beaten me to it.

Is TT running short on storage space?

Is TT running short on bandwidth?

Are you?

End of story, but yet you've got more to add?

What's wrong with asking a question instead of consulting what could be an old thread? Things change constantly, the jetting thread has so many combos that I couldn't even find something close to what I run, at 800' my bike starts on the first kick hot or third kick cold and runs great. Unless you really know jetting it's very hard to decide what will be best simply because of information overload. (Wow, seems I just said something very similar.....) If you know jetting well enough to weed through the chaff then odds are you can just sort it yourself. I did, but I've also been tuning carbs for a very long time.

Listen, we're here to help each other. Has it been covered? I'm sure it has. Do a simple search on "Valve specs" and you'll get 498 threads. Advanced search in the Yamaha forum and you get 499 threads. How about the WR450 sub forum? 181. See the point? He could just ask faster than wading through it. And yes if you word it correctly you can narrow it down further but it's not a crime to ask. I'm sure a mod has seen this thread and it survives so apparently it hasn't hurt anyone.

It's easier and friendlier to ask, talk with folks, maybe even get new ideas every now and then. If the answer is simply do a search Google will bring up far more than TT will so why even bother coming here?

Seems I'm in the miniority on this subject. Don't bother sending me a PM on this cause I've hashed it once already.

And since you're questioning what I should do as a mod, on my forum (Buelletinboard.com friendliest forum going.) I'd have sent you a PM asking that you not dogpile a situation that has apparently gone silent.

Edit to add-BTW I noticed that Maniac deleted his post several hours before you posted. Unless you read it as well you shouldn't comment on anything I said to him.

Edited by Sknight, October 21, 2011 - 09:50 AM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.