Another grey wire question

5 replies to this topic
  • maxtherat

Posted September 19, 2003 - 09:59 PM

Can anyone verify if I removed the correct wire or not. The wire I removed was on the right side of the bike and it was in a two wire loom sharing a black wire w/ a white stripe. Next to that loom there is another six wire loom that has a graish looking wire also. Is it that one? I would like to know for sure before I put thetank back on. Thanks.

2001 wr426 d.s. pro circuit tripple clamp, renthal fat bars, most free mods fmf Q pipe, fmf graphics

• wrooster

Posted September 20, 2003 - 04:41 AM

for some hints and tips, see
http://www.thumperfa...m/gray_wire.htm

jim aka the wrooster
'01 wr250f

• byggd

Posted July 09, 2005 - 09:26 AM

OK. I did a search and read about 30 threads but never saw a definite answer and the link on this thread doesn't work (too old I'm guessing). The 02 WR426 has two gray wires. One in a two wire connector and one in a 6 wire connector. Does anyone know for SURE which is the correct wire?? :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Gadsen

Posted July 09, 2005 - 09:38 AM

I had an 01 WR426F and the grey wire was on in the 6 pin connector. I beleive it was right on the end. On the RH side of the frame :)

• 02WR426Cali

Posted July 09, 2005 - 09:45 AM

I have an 02 Wr 426 and my grey wire was in the six wire loom as well. I think you have the wrong wire.

• byggd

Posted July 09, 2005 - 10:00 AM

Thanks gents, the next round is on me :) . I had a feeling that it was in the six pin. When I was putting my cam in I saw that a wire was missing, it was a center one on one side of the six pin so it looks like the mod was already done for me. Now on to the sky blue wire, at least motoman 393 has a picture if that one :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.