Are Battery Tenders ok???

4 replies to this topic
  • BVille870

Posted September 19, 2003 - 06:47 PM

Hey there, is it ok to put a battery tender on my wr450 or are they not made to that kind. I don't want to toast my battery. Thanks for the info guys!!! :)

03 WR450 Free mods, ¾ turn out-fuel screw, acrebis handguards, yz rear fender, all blue plastic, protaper triple clamps, renthal fatbars, long seal savers, pirelli garcross rear, dunlop front tire, mxhouse CF glidplate, zip-ty neutral switch cover/magnetic drain plug, twin air filter, works conection frame guards, pro seal air box seal, runs like a raped ape.

74’ XL250 mint (me and dads)
82 ‘XC430 Husky restored to original
82’ WR250 Husky like new (dads trail bike)
83’ XR100 like new
01’ TTR125L had better days (Brothers ride)

4 stroke B Mid-South Hare Scrambles
4 Stroke C GNCC

• foursmoke

Posted September 19, 2003 - 07:18 PM

I've been useing one with no probems at all. I use a " Battery Tender Plus"

Smoke :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tigerowner_ut

Posted September 20, 2003 - 07:36 PM

I use YUSA's version and it works fine. WR batteries go dead quick.

• jwriott

Posted September 21, 2003 - 08:48 AM

I've always used tjhem on my street bikes with very good results. They don't cycle the battery so the battery lasts much longer. Cheap chargers wait till the battery charge dips then starts charging. The battery tender keep sthe charge up.

• willy_fitz

Posted September 21, 2003 - 01:37 PM

If you look at the info on the battery you should find that they do recommend a max chariing rate of 650 milliamps. My Battery Tender Plus is rated at 600 milliamps. The voltage output is slightly low for a gel pack battery but not enough to truely make any difference.
In short, the Battery Tender Plus works fine.

Willy Fitz

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.