transmission conversion from YZ to WR ratio

5 replies to this topic
  • bluezx9r

Posted July 09, 2001 - 03:57 AM

Hi guys

Can someone post is experience and the complete list of part numbers necessary to convert the YZ transmision to the wr ration.

I might be interested in changing the 1,2 and 5 gears.

I love my bike but that the only thing that I need to make it a better enduro bike. (the WR is too restricted out of the crate and I don`t care for the extra fuel or heandlite)

Serge

• sirhk

Posted July 09, 2001 - 05:21 AM

This is something I've thought about. Is it possible to just change 5th gear?

------------------
Khris
"What's that?"
"It's a Yellow 99' YZ400!!"

• bluezx9r

Posted July 09, 2001 - 09:27 PM

There is another topic called it think "gear change"

Yes, I think it's possible to only change 1 gear but I woul;d like to get a confirmation from someone how did it.

Serge

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jason_in_KC

Posted July 09, 2001 - 10:10 AM

I posted this topic on DRN last year before I even had my bike on order. It was shot down quickly, stating reasons of expense and splitting the cases. So what! Most wouldn't consider this if they hadn't already thought of those items. I understand the actual gears are not that expensive,(someone correct me if needed) the high expense comes in shop labor if you screw something up. I don't know anyone who has actually done it. I like you, don't care for the light and throttle stop cutting bit, but would love a wider spaced tranny for scrambles and play riding. I run 13/50 on my 01 and it cuts top speed enough to notice! Would be fun to to the swap.

• Shawbridge Husky

Posted July 09, 2001 - 11:49 AM

Serge, where do you ride? I work in Laval and live up north near Shawbridge. I ride a small track in Prévost that I ride to. Always looking out for new places.

• bluezx9r

Posted July 09, 2001 - 12:11 PM

Originally posted by Hugh LePage:
Serge, where do you ride? I work in Laval and live up north near Shawbridge. I ride a small track in Prévost that I ride to. Always looking out for new places.

Hi Hugh

Well I work in Montreal but I usually (always) ride in the Quebec city region. I mostly ride trails and I member of the the Quebec Enduro Cross Club.

Serge

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.