Any one have similar jetting

5 replies to this topic
  • aa450

Posted October 13, 2011 - 08:27 AM

For an 09 wr 450. Doing all my mods. Installing jets at the moment.
Main jet 168
pilot jet 48
leak jet 45
pilot air 70 stock
Any one running this similar set up. Ride in low elevation 0- 1000ft. High humidity and temps in summer time. Any advice or changes are welcome.
Did the grey wire mod.
Changed out the throttle stop screw.
Air box opened and using twin air filter.
Installed merge spring in accelerator pump.
Wont be able to ride it for a couple of days, waiting on suspension to come back. Thanks

• Krannie McKranface

Posted October 13, 2011 - 08:43 AM

For an 09 wr 450. Doing all my mods. Installing jets at the moment.
Main jet 168
pilot jet 48
leak jet 45
pilot air 70 stock
Any one running this similar set up. Ride in low elevation 0- 1000ft. High humidity and temps in summer time. Any advice or changes are welcome.
Did the grey wire mod.
Changed out the throttle stop screw.
Air box opened and using twin air filter.
Installed merge spring in accelerator pump.
Wont be able to ride it for a couple of days, waiting on suspension to come back. Thanks

Your good to go. What suspension work are you having done?

• aa450

Posted October 13, 2011 - 04:43 PM

Krannie, I am just replacing springs in the forks and shock at the moment. But i made a stupid mistake with my shock. I broke the bottom nut and removed the damper thimble or what ever you call it. Anyways the inner rod on the damper came out and i lost oil until i pushed it back in. I took it to the dealer to get get the nitro bled and oil filled and recharged with nitro again.:thumbsup: When all i had to do was remove the lower spring guide and slide the upper guide and spring out.. It was a long night working on the bike, called it quits after that bone head move. I cant wait to ride it and feel the difference on the carb and throttle screw.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • aa450

Posted October 13, 2011 - 04:52 PM

Also installed the JD jet needle in the 4th position.
Removed the AIS.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted October 13, 2011 - 05:40 PM

Cool.

• ur2silly

Posted October 20, 2011 - 06:57 PM

I have 2007 WR450 and I am running Main jet:168, Pilot Jet:48, Leak Jet:50, stock pilot air jet, MSR fuel screw 2.5 turns out, Yamaha NFLR needle on 4th clip and Lexx MXE slip-on exhaust with spark arrestor in. I have done all the free mods, removed the snorkle from the air box, YZ throttle stop and I run the stock air filter. I ride in North Carolina in low elevations with usually high humidity/heat. This setup is right on for me so sounds like you should be good too, or very very close.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.