What's the best jet size for a 426?

1 reply to this topic
  • markolious

Posted October 13, 2011 - 06:50 AM

I live in the High Desert of Southern California. The average altitude is around 2500 - 3500 where we ride. My '02 426 is a beast to start which, from what I hear, is common with the 426's. My cousin changed his main jet out to a 168 Heihin and left the others alone and his is easier to kick over. Has anyone had success in changing out their jets for an easier-to-start 426? What did you do? Thanks for the tips.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted October 13, 2011 - 06:58 AM

I live in the High Desert of Southern California. The average altitude is around 2500 - 3500 where we ride. My '02 426 is a beast to start which, from what I hear, is common with the 426's. My cousin changed his main jet out to a 168 Heihin and left the others alone and his is easier to kick over. Has anyone had success in changing out their jets for an easier-to-start 426? What did you do? Thanks for the tips.

Read the stickys at the top of the forum regarding your model.

Increasing the main jet is dependent on your pipe, intake limitations, atltitude, etc etc.

Edited by Krannie, October 13, 2011 - 07:57 AM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.