Front brake fade

2 replies to this topic
  • clark138

Posted October 13, 2011 - 06:30 AM

hey guys at my last hare scramble,my front brake started losing presher and scaring the hell out of me!it will pump back up then work for awhile,then i'll lose it again.I dont think its heat because it started on the first lap.their is no air in the system.oh its a 09 yz450f

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • blakers213

Posted October 13, 2011 - 06:40 AM

If I had to guess I would say air or bubbles forming. I have the same bike and ride mx and have no problems so something is wrong. Maybe have to change you brake fluid.

• Spiritwalker2222

Posted October 13, 2011 - 06:46 AM

If you can pump up the pressure and it stays for a short while, I'd think either your master or slave cylinder(s) have a leak.

Clean them up and then hold pressure on the brake lever, see if you can spot a leak.

You could also have a leak in your brake line. So check it as well.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.