Advice

2 replies to this topic
  • ill_caper

Posted September 19, 2003 - 07:54 AM

Any advice that can be offered for installing a graphics kit? Thanks, D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dan_Lorenze

Posted September 19, 2003 - 08:05 AM

Scrub the tank really good with some contact cleaner, line up the graphics before you put them on. If you're installing a seat cover with the graphics put the seat cover on first then line up the tank graphics so they match the seat graphics.. Spray the tank with Windex or soapy water, put on the graphic. If the graphic is being stubborn you can use a heat-gun (on low) or hair dryer to make the graphic more plyable.

• foursmoke

Posted September 19, 2003 - 07:16 PM

Scrub the tank really good with some contact cleaner,

I was told the contact cleaner will dull the finish of the plastics. I just cleaned with windex 2-3 times and applied. Work well for me, still no peeling & only had a couple of air bubbles develop on the tank that worked out easily with my fingers :)

Smoke :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.