'01 WR426 Carb cleaning

3 replies to this topic
  • Art_H

Posted October 10, 2011 - 07:38 PM

Bike sat for 1.5 years, initially ran, but was a little lean, now won't start. The local Yamaha dealer in BC says that there is only individual parts, and no combined carb kit. Not so good when you live on an island... So looking at the diagrams, there is o-rings for gaskets? Can I do a cleaning of the fuel bowl and jets etc without new gaskets?

• byggd

Posted October 11, 2011 - 04:52 AM

You should be able too but it's hard to tell until you remove the bowl and see what kind of shape the gasket is in. My advise would be to get the bowl gasket and have it available just in case. If you just need to clean the jets you could just remove them via the plug in the bottom of the bowl.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GCannon

Posted October 11, 2011 - 07:13 AM

The Honda dealer will sell a complete gasket kit for the same year carb (FCR) for around $25-30. This way you will have what you need.

I would take the carb apart first. I service my carb frequently without new gaskets.

• Art_H

Posted October 11, 2011 - 03:14 PM

thanks gents, will rip 'er apart and have a look.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.