Front fender Change?

6 replies to this topic
  • Wondermutt

Posted October 10, 2011 - 10:49 AM

Hey guys, I have a 02 426, and was wondering if the 450 has a different front fender? and what year it was changed? How about the front # plate? was that changed also?

• grayracer513

Posted October 10, 2011 - 12:21 PM

The fender and number plate changed in '06, then again in '10. The '06 fender will bolt to an older YZF, but the numberplate requires modification.

• Wondermutt

Posted October 10, 2011 - 03:08 PM

The 10 fender and plate, will they work?, and the 06, if I use the fender and plate, is it a big mod to make it fit, or just a bit of trimming? Im getting ready to change out my plastics, maybe get some graphics, was just wondering if its worth it to update the front with newer style, Ive seen the thread on changing over the entire bike to the 10 plastics and seat, but Im not that ambitious, and besides, Im really comfortable with how I have her set up now

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted October 10, 2011 - 03:21 PM

Acerbis (I believe) now makes a '10 style fender that directly bolts up. The actual 10' fender can be drilled to fit the earlier bikes, though. As far as the '06 plate, there's a sticky in the Yamaha 2-stroke forum on how to fit it. I believe the '10 plate mounts the same way as the '06.

• Wondermutt

Posted October 10, 2011 - 05:02 PM

sweet, thats all I need to know, thanks again for all the info!

• wags450

Posted October 12, 2011 - 01:51 PM

Bolts up no mods just order the 250/450 not the 125/250

• Yamiryder

Posted October 13, 2011 - 02:02 PM

Bolts up no mods just order the 250/450 not the 125/250

+1 I was just going to say that it was cycra was the one that made that fender, but i see someone beat me to it.:thumbsup:

Related Content

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.