Fork Oil weight?

5 replies to this topic
  • wayneoXCF

Posted September 19, 2003 - 04:00 AM

What do you guys recommend as oil weight? Im 214 lbs, using close to stock settings. Thanks!

• MN_Kevin

Posted September 19, 2003 - 08:33 AM

If you are close to stock settings, wouldn't you want to use the stock fork oil weight...??? >> 5# (KYB 01)

• mikeolichney

Posted September 19, 2003 - 09:01 AM

I thought the 01 was 8 wt?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ogrebelle

Posted September 19, 2003 - 12:55 PM

At 214 he should look into new springs but if that is a no go (believe me I understand) then going a little heavier on the oil wt may help tighten things up a bit. I've done it on past bikes. While it is not a "fix" is is a viable band-aid for a budget.

• wayneoXCF

Posted September 20, 2003 - 04:30 PM

Kevin- I thought about that, but since I dont want to go the spring route, Id rather go a slight bit heavier on the oil. I was wondering what you guys recommend??
"Band-aid for a budget."- Thats what Im talking bout!

• Jekel

Posted September 21, 2003 - 05:47 AM

I tried the 10 wt for a while and didn't care for it. If the 5 wt at 100mm from the top doesn't work, you might try a mix of 10 and 5; 7.5 wt. Good luck with the attempts. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.