Riding in New Zealand ?

4 replies to this topic
  • Quickrik

Posted September 19, 2003 - 01:18 AM

It appears that now that two thirds of my family hold NZ passports they want to go live there, but I don't wanna give up all the great (but mostly muddy) riding I get on the WR in the UK.
Are there any Kiwis out there who can fill me in on the off-road scene in NZ? We're thinking South island maybe Canterbury but nothings definite.

• wayneoXCF

Posted September 19, 2003 - 04:02 AM

I think the last issue of Dirt Rider had a review on the riding over there. From what they say, looks pretty awesome.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chris_from_Oz

Posted September 19, 2003 - 05:33 AM

Hey Rik, 'BrianSteele' is a TT'er that has just bought a KX250F, he's from NZ, and is a good bloke too. He could probably tell you all you need to know about the off-road scene over there. :)

• GPS Dual Sport

Posted September 19, 2003 - 06:46 AM

I spent 8 days riding in NZ about two years ago with the tour group that was written up in the current issue of dirt rider.
The riding is great on South Island. I didn't spend any time riding on North Island but the photos in Dirt Rider look good.
When in doubt take a holiday in NZ rent a bike and check it out.

• tctrailrider

Posted September 19, 2003 - 07:31 AM

This summer I sold a bike to a gal from New Zealand that summers in this area. She rides alot there in the Queensland area. My son and I took her out one day so she could see the trails we ride. It was about 75-80 degrees. She was exhausted after 25 miles, said she had never ridden in weather that hot. Where she rides they go up into the mountains and temp is usually 60-70 degrees. Wouldn't that be great.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.