How reliable is the 10-12 450?

I am looking for a new harescramble bike this spring. I know that the older Yami 450s have been known for there reliability, but how does the newer style engine compare? I am gonna purchase new, and I take excellant care of my bikes but reliability in the new 4 strokes are very important to me. any info would be appreciated. thanks.

I don't think they made many changes to the bike so far, which is a good sign. I watched a ton of youtube reviews and remember one pro rider stating his buddy had something like 100 hours on his top end with nothing adjusted or replaced. I've been looking at a ton of bikes and I've heard very few issues with the new 450's, I think there was a post about the head or base gasket being too thin on the 2010's which was updated. It wasn't a huge issue but guys were leaking a tiny amount of coolant out of the weep hole due to it. If you search for the thread you'll find more about it.

I think there was a post about the head or base gasket being too thin on the 2010's which was updated. It wasn't a huge issue but guys were leaking a tiny amount of coolant out of the weep hole due to it. If you search for the thread you'll find more about it.
It was the cam cover gasket, and it was too thick. All replacement parts are now the revised gasket.

They are bullet proof IMO. Yeah there's been a few posts of trans issues but I don't see it being a common problem.....oh and you can set them on fire and they keep running too.....don't ask me how I know....pics coming soon.

Very reliable, except the transmission. I can't wait to finish rebuilding my engine so I can sell it!
C'mon Brent, i've seen you riding that thing at Perris........Looked like it was hauling ass to me.

I think you might of just got a "BAD" one.