XR Graphics

11 replies to this topic
  • uw153

Posted September 18, 2003 - 12:50 PM

Can anyone point me toward a good supplier of larger tank graphics? I installed the IMS 4 gallon tank on the 650L and as I'm sure some of you know, it looks a little strange with no stickers on it. The stock XR sticker is far too small for this larger tank but I can't seem to find anything other than stock size stickers.

• redrider650r

Posted September 18, 2003 - 01:19 PM

IMSproducts.com should have the graphics that you are looking for.

• larry650

Posted September 18, 2003 - 03:58 PM

I like Factory Effex myself. N-Style, One Industry also come to mind.

• mmxr650r

Posted September 18, 2003 - 10:09 PM

I run the Al Baker's XR's only graphics on mine. Although, of late, there has been quite a "bashing" of XR's Only, I had no problems with my order (although I did go through my local shop). Looks nice on the Clarke 4.3 tank...
Baker's 650R Graphics

• uw153

Posted September 19, 2003 - 05:55 AM

Thanks guys, I checked out the IMS website last night but all they had was stickers that said IMS on them. Mmxr650r, you're right, they do look pretty good on the 650R. Unfortunately I have the "L" model without the seperate radiator covers. I am trying to find just a nice generic sticker that says either Honda with the colors or XR with the same. I'll keep looking. Thanks again for your imput. :)

• jstevens

Posted September 26, 2003 - 07:47 PM

Although I don't have an aftermarket tank, I have been looking around for sticker kits for the 650"L". And let me tell ya, they aren't out there. All of the cool looking stuff "One industries etc.." are for the new style bike like the cr, crf, and the xr "R", nothing for the "L" except from the take manufactures like "IMF" "Clark" etc..
I now this is a hassel but it's probably your best option, find something you want in a picture or web site and send it to those companies listed ont he Web that make stickers. They say or report that they can make anything you need any most styles. Give them a call it might do the trick for you.

Good luck.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • newmanr19

Posted September 26, 2003 - 09:54 PM

I ordered a set from Baja Designs; will let you know how they look

• yooper_porkchop

Posted September 27, 2003 - 08:38 AM

Do you have a sign shop near you that makes lettering for business trucks in vinal, you know the kind you see on pickup trucks advertising their business with phone numbers and all. They are computer generated and you can probably get one of your own design or bring them a picture of what your looking for and the size you want, with the colors you are looking for. Don't know about the price though. Won't hurt to check.

• newmanr19

Posted September 28, 2003 - 07:24 AM

the problem with that is it needs to be able to withstand exposure to gas, oil, dirt, cleaning solvents etc. and from what most guys say, the tank graphic needs to be perforated otherwise it will peel

• newmanr19

Posted September 29, 2003 - 10:09 PM

as promised, here's what the generic XR decal looks like (from BajaDesigns.com) - better then a naked tank

Posted Image

Posted Image

• uw153

Posted September 30, 2003 - 05:12 AM

Hey that looks ok. I wonder how it will look on the red tank. I wish they were a little bigger though, like cover more of the side. Still much better than a solid color.

• newmanr19

Posted September 30, 2003 - 07:42 AM

yeah, I wish it was bigger too.. but all the full size ones have a huge CEET or IMS instead of XR on it; I don't want people coming up to me and asking who makes a bike called CEET :) oh, and the price ($35 with shipping I think) was way less then them others

Related Content

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  37 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 1 reply

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.