broken float bowl.... help!!! :(

3 replies to this topic
  • bonehead7101

Posted October 04, 2011 - 01:50 PM

i just bought a 98 yz400f and was cleaning the silicone out of the float bowl from the previous owner and i dropped the float bowl on the concrete in my shop and broke off a corner of it, i called a local dismantler and they said the have a carb from a 426 if the parts are the same they'll sell me the bowl, otherwise i need to buy the entire carb @ 125$. whats the differences between the two carbs, if i buy the whole carb can i just throw in my current jets, or am i going to need to purchase other jets.
thanks,
mike

• grayracer513

Posted October 04, 2011 - 01:55 PM

The newer carb has the hot start built in, so you could toss yours and block of the port on the head. If you buy the carb, use the jets that are in it as a starting point. It should be very close to a bolt-on, although you may need to stretch the air boot rearward a little. It would also be an upgrade.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bonehead7101

Posted October 04, 2011 - 02:36 PM

are the cables the same or will i need to get them too

• grayracer513

Posted October 04, 2011 - 02:54 PM

I believe you originals will work, but if you buy the carb, try to get the cables, too, just in case. I am certain the 426 cables will work in your current throttle.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.