DS knobby tire pressures?

2 replies to this topic
  • CanadianWR450

Posted October 04, 2011 - 08:10 AM

I'm going back to a Maxxis desert IT for DS durability, but to get the most out of this tire off-road, it likes low air pressures, 8psi for example.....

Is it safe to hit pavement, and say 50 mph speeds at these pressures??

Front I still keep up in the 12-14 range (it's not a desert it), and not overly concerned about it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • byggd

Posted October 04, 2011 - 09:43 AM

I run Maxxis front and rear but at 12lbs off road. I like to pump them up to around 20~25 on the street. The desert IT is pretty stiff so I would think you will be ok but either way knobbys don't like pavement.

• CanadianWR450

Posted October 04, 2011 - 02:32 PM

Problem is, it is dirt and street , and in the boondock's on one ride, so unless I want to carry a pump, or Co2, and stop at every transition (I don't) to adjust tire pressure, I need to live with what I have in it when I leave home.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.