Best Plastics for 2010

6 replies to this topic
  • BBrown626

Posted October 03, 2011 - 06:15 PM

As soon as I receive the last of the parts to rebuild my engine (thank you for the weak gears yamaha) I am going to replace my plastics. Any recommendations for aftermarket kits for the 2010? I would like to match stock color and shape with higher quality and lower price.

• phiderman

Posted October 03, 2011 - 08:34 PM

just got a acerbis kit and i thought the fitment was just okay. i got everything on the bike but it wasnt the best. as for color i got white.

• Steel Panther

Posted October 03, 2011 - 11:43 PM

cycra is the best ive delt with aside from oem, ufo and acerbis are much lower quality, feel flimsy, and it's pretty likely at least one piece of the kit won't fit very well. However, once you get them on they look and work fine, the quality just isnt there, but that is to be expected for the price.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tech24

Posted October 04, 2011 - 03:57 AM

well that sucks I just order the spensive complete acerbis kit thinking they would be the best :smashpc:

• rickallen124

Posted October 04, 2011 - 05:48 AM

Acerbis isn't bad for the price, it just doesn't fit perfectly like the oem plastic. It's just more difficult to get certain pieces, like the upper shroud/airbox, lined up compared to stock. It just takes more time to put it back on compared to oem but certainly saves you quite a bit of money. I don't have any experience with other brands.

• BBrown626

Posted October 06, 2011 - 07:37 PM

Anyone try Polisport?

• yamaduner

Posted October 13, 2011 - 02:39 PM

I have a complete set of replacement Polisport plastics on my 03' yz450F. Great fit and they have lasted through all the abuse I can throw at them. Much better quality than the Acerbis (and better fitment as well). I also have a set on my YFZ450 quad ,when I went with white versus the oem blue with all the warning labels riveted to them :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.