surge normal

4 replies to this topic
  • az426

Posted July 04, 2001 - 06:44 PM

hey everyone, just wondered if anyone notices a surge or a miss like the gas was off for a microsecond while just easy mid throttle cruising?my bike runs fine otherwise,just something i noticed.

• yzernie

Posted July 04, 2001 - 08:52 PM

If yours is a 2001, mine does the same thing. Cruising along in the midrange and it is as if I hit the kill button and let it go. I have tried several different jetting changes, some of which seem to have helped. The leaner it is the less it does it. Before I could finish all of the changes I wanted to try, I blew out my knee.

If you figure it out, let me know.

Ernie

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>current bikes, 2001 YZ426, 1999 YZ125, 1986 XT600, 1989 Warrior, 1983 XL250, 2001 V-Star 1100
[/list]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sirthumpalot

Posted July 05, 2001 - 03:05 AM

If I'm cruising with very little load on the engine then it will sound as if it's missing a bit, but as soon as I give it enough throttle to put some load on the engine it runs great. It doesn't affect my riding at all so I'm not going to worry about it. :)

• jbird

Posted July 05, 2001 - 10:09 AM

I had the same problem with my 99 400 and was told surging in the middle is due to a lean condition. Since it's lean in the middle if you raise the needle (move the clip one possition closer to the pointy end) you should be moving in the right direction. If it was rich it would be blubbery and maybe skipping rather that surging. This change fixed mine.
Jon

• sirthumpalot

Posted July 05, 2001 - 10:27 AM

jbird, yours sounds more like mine now that I hear it described that way. Blubbery a bit with some missing here and there. Maybe I don't have the same symptoms as az426 does.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.