Best type of feeler guage

2 replies to this topic
  • Ronnie Mac

Posted September 17, 2003 - 07:19 PM


What type feeler guage do most of you use to check your valve clerance. Sears around here just sells the flat type, that make it very hard to get a good reading. So what type and brand would you recomend and any tips on check your clerance? Love you guys. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • IceBox

Posted September 18, 2003 - 07:38 AM


I think the ones I have are from KD Tools. They are the flat type and are a tight fit on the right side valves but I found it to work very well. I have a half width set but after using the larger ones I liked the leverage with the larger ones. I could use a finger to slightly bend the feeler so the approach angle was minimized without getting in the way of my other hand.

  • Ronnie Mac

Posted September 21, 2003 - 06:54 PM


Thanks Icebox for your response but the guages I have are like yours. I was hoping for something diff or easier to get the feel. Come on guys take the time and drop a brand. :)


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.