Help me out!

4 replies to this topic
  • IAFF74

Posted October 01, 2011 - 02:50 PM

I was riding the other day and I noticed a slight bog and hesitation when I would load my bike in a low gear. No big deal. Today went for a trail ride and after about 10 minutes it stalled. Got it running and it Ideled fine but I would but when I would burp the throttle it would die. I ran it back to our campsite but it would intermittently die only when I gave it full throttle. Btw sometimes it would run fine. Seemed to get worse the closer I got to our site. It feels like a fuel issue not so much elec. Any help would be great. Thx

• bonehead7101

Posted October 05, 2011 - 05:45 AM

a few things i would check,
start simple
water in the carb, plugged bowl vent, plugged or restricted fuel line

then go a little deeper
loose or fallen out main jet, and maybe check to see if your needle is staying down, float valve sticking

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • NB061

Posted October 05, 2011 - 05:51 AM

*plugged bowl vent* or vents. Clean them all out with a scribe.

• Stinger1133

Posted October 05, 2011 - 03:56 PM

check spark plug too.

• ttr250dude

Posted October 05, 2011 - 05:01 PM

It could be the gas tank vent. There have been a few cases where the gas tank fuel vent fails and doesnt allow air into the tank, causing fuel starvation.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.