Fork oil level...

2 replies to this topic
  • redswr

Posted September 30, 2011 - 02:35 PM

ok ok so it says mm on every where i've looked but anyone know how many oz?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted September 30, 2011 - 03:58 PM

It's going to take about 34-40 ounces to do both sides, but as you have seen, it isn't listed that way. Someone here may have measured out what they put in, however, so don't give up yet.

The measurement is taken with the spring removed, and both the damper rod and main tube compressed. Measure from the top edge of the tube down to the oil. If you don't have a tool to measure with, take a 6" piece of stiff wire or anything similar and bend a half inch of it into a 90 degree hook on one end. Make a mark at the desired oil level from that bend and use it as a dip stick.

No metric rulers? Divide the metric number by 25.4 for inches.

• redswr

Posted September 30, 2011 - 04:30 PM

Thanks yeah I just have about 17oz in cause a bottle is 33.8 and I split it, one guy on another site said 19.2 but I want to confirm

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.