What are gear ratios

2 replies to this topic
  • J_T

Posted September 17, 2003 - 12:30 PM

Hey Everyone, I have the XR650R service manual and was looking through it hoping to find the gear ratios for each of the gears so I can figure the gear ratio with different front and rear sprocket combinations? Any one know of any specs or know where i can find them? The manual does say the number of teeth on each of the gears but there is one for each the countershaft(C1-C5) and mainshaft (M1-M5) but doesn't list the teeth on the counter shaft or the mainshaft so I can't make heads nor tails from all this? Can anyone help me?

Thanks

JT

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR250rdr

Posted September 17, 2003 - 11:40 PM

I found a gear ratio calculating spreadsheet on the Yahoo XR650R group that outputs ratios and min/max speeds in each gear. It adjusts for sprocket ratio as well as rear wheel diameter and tire size. It is in the files section; called gearing calc.xls.

• J_T

Posted September 18, 2003 - 05:52 AM

Thanks XR250rdr, actually I found that excel spreadsheet before I posted this and noticed that the sprocket sizes and rear tire sizes were not the same for the BRP so I thought it may be a universal sheet that one had to enter the correct info for their own bike. My goal for this post was so I could re-enter the numbers that I knew worked for the BRP so I could apply it to mine! By the way I got a post from the fellow from the UK that posted the Gear Calc Excel Spreadsheet and he varified that he entered all info based on his UK XR650R and that as far has he knew the transmission was the same as the US version.

Thanks for your time and post

JT

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.