Flywheel weight for WR450

10 replies to this topic
  • enduro man

Posted September 27, 2011 - 06:30 PM

Does anyone know if a flywheel weight is available for a WR 450 (06 model) and if so, where to get one ?
Thanks,
enduro man

• redhurricane

Posted September 27, 2011 - 06:49 PM

Why on earth would you want one? Motor's got lots of usable torque as is.

• motovita

Posted September 27, 2011 - 06:54 PM

And why would you ride a Yamaha in the first place, and why don't you get a two stroke?
Just kidding, try these guys.

http://trailtech.net..._flywheels.html

Edited by motovita, September 27, 2011 - 09:13 PM.

• enduro man

Posted September 27, 2011 - 07:13 PM

My first Yamaha...bike is great but does not have bottom end grunt for tight trails. Would like to have grunt like my old XR400.

• enduro man

Posted September 27, 2011 - 07:17 PM

Don't care for two stroke bikes, they cant get up the hills we have here in Texas plus can't stomach the "ring- ding sound".

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted September 27, 2011 - 07:44 PM

My first Yamaha...bike is great but does not have bottom end grunt for tight trails. Would like to have grunt like my old XR400.

If it has stock jetting, stock airbox, and stock pipe, it will always be crappy.

You MUST re-jet to get torque below 4k rpm.

• wrwest

Posted September 27, 2011 - 09:33 PM

A better option might be a steel clutch basket - you get the added weight and the durability of the steel basket
www.stealtyoffroad.com

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted September 27, 2011 - 10:54 PM

The yamaha has plenty of grunt. Is your jetting correct?

What size sprockets do you have.

• wrwest

Posted September 28, 2011 - 04:52 AM

I run a 12 - 50 works well.

• jayh300

Posted September 28, 2011 - 05:29 AM

Does anyone know if a flywheel weight is available for a WR 450 (06 model) and if so, where to get one ?
Thanks,
enduro man

when i had my 06, i looked all over for one.. all that were listed were not that much more than stock.. check gearing.. iirc, the 06 was higher geared. i think mine had a 14 t front sprocket and was a one year deal. a 13 and as everyone else says.. re jet..and it was a lot better..

jay... 2 stroke guy in tx...

• wrwest

Posted September 28, 2011 - 10:41 AM

Look at a 12 front and a 50 to 52 rear . Remove ais.
Rejet . remove zorst baffle if stock.
Fit adjustable leakjet to avoid a bog from idle.

If you need more than this you need to work on your riding techniqe.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.