Pro-action Suspension

60 replies to this topic
  • Just_a_trail_rider

Posted November 15, 2011 - 09:14 PM

Krannie, just out of curiosity, have you ever ridden a KTM through those whoops or sharp edged potholes? Curious how the PDS worked, may be a bit off topic. I had a WR and rode the hell out of it, I still have a soft spot for them. Sounds like you're well on your way to having a well sorted bike, enjoy! :busted:

I have a wr450 and also a ktm450 with the PDS rear. Both suspensions were revalved by the same tuner at the same time so that they match or are similar. I am able to ride the yamaha with no changes to my clickers but had to really slow down the compression and rebound in the rear for the ktm.

For anyone wondering how the PDS works, its just fine. It feels a little bit different, but its not a problem. The rebound seems very fast on the KTM's and the rear end feels busy. But it tracks straight and handles the whoops and sharp edges just fine.

Personally, for desert riding/racing, I like the KTM rear better (blasphemy!). It feels weird at first, but once you get used to it and dial it in with the clickers, its very predicable. I have a straight rate spring and not a progressive spring on the rear.

Now the forks... oy vey! I wish I could put the open chamber KYB forks on my ktm to replace the closed chamber WP forks.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.