Motion Pro Revolver

7 replies to this topic
  • pscook

Posted September 25, 2011 - 07:47 PM

Anyone have any experience with this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/...984.m1438.l2649
I installed a 2007 450 carb on my 426 today and noticed that one of the cables is a little frayed. So, snooping around ebay I found out about the revolver. Heck, it's only $100 more than a set of cables :smashpc: but is it worth that $100 to change your throttle response? I know, do the DIY PVC coupling install, but I thought I would ask around a bit before committing to either modification. I have also read that the throttle housing is a bit larger than OEM, thereby fouling the front brake lever a bit. Any issues anyone else has seen?

• rcmxracing

Posted September 26, 2011 - 06:28 AM

I have a buddy running one on his 2008 YZ450 - loves it. He comes from a road racing background. If I could justify the $$ to "try it" on my 2010 I would. Something to think about for anyone with EFI, might get a little sketchy with too much throttle response, or maybe it equals out because you're not "overgripping" as much. Think about whoops...

• aja342

Posted September 26, 2011 - 10:23 AM

Had a quick turn on my '06 and have a G2 quick turn on my '11 and I love it.

It took a little getting used to, but I will have one on every bike I own from now on. When I first rode the ’11 YZ450f with the quick turn I would go wide open a little too fast and be in for a wild ride. Now I roll it on a little slower but still get to wide open throttle sooner with a better arm position.

The ability of the Revolver to change cams seems cool, unless you find one cam you like and never adjust it, then it is a waste.

Riding only MX I would just buy a G2 quick turn.
Riding trails/other a Revolver might be worth it.

• rcmxracing

Posted September 27, 2011 - 07:00 AM

Had a quick turn on my '06 and have a G2 quick turn on my '11 and I love it.

It took a little getting used to, but I will have one on every bike I own from now on. When I first rode the ’11 YZ450f with the quick turn I would go wide open a little too fast and be in for a wild ride. Now I roll it on a little slower but still get to wide open throttle sooner with a better arm position.

The ability of the Revolver to change cams seems cool, unless you find one cam you like and never adjust it, then it is a waste.

Riding only MX I would just buy a G2 quick turn.
Riding trails/other a Revolver might be worth it.

Good info, you running the 050 (10% bigger) or the 025 (20% bigger)?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • aja342

Posted September 27, 2011 - 07:49 AM

050 (10%)

I would like to order the larger cam if/when I pick up a GTYR tuner.

• rcmxracing

Posted September 27, 2011 - 09:52 AM

The GYTR tuner is the coolest thing ever. It's like having engine pipe combos in a "box". I've narrowed it down to about 3 settings I like depending on track conditions. I STILL haven't messed around with my own custom settings. Well worth the money. Only negative is that the interface is old school and I wish I could store more than 9 settings so I could play around with other settings without overwriting the existing ones.

p.s. Just ordered the 050 cam (10% bigger). Already had the G2 throttle from buying a used 2 stroke a few years back.

• pscook

Posted September 28, 2011 - 06:39 PM

No one has the revolver, just the G2? My concern with the G2 is the fact that it's aluminum, which can bend and then stick instead of flexing or breaking. Granted it has been a while since I have personally cracked a throttle tube, but the concern is there. Any issues or worries about having an aluminum throttle tube? I like the option of the revolver kit including different cams instead of having to buy a collection, but it sounds like everyone likes the 10% larger tube and doesn't feel the need to experiment any further.

• aja342

Posted September 28, 2011 - 07:35 PM

I got the G2 on my '11 because I broke the plastic one and wedged dirt up under it... causing the throttle to stick wide open.

If you take a big enough hit to bend and/or mash an aluminum tube then there is a good chance your day of riding is done anyway lol.

The revolver seems like a great system if you do a lot of differnt riding on one bike. But I personally this it is more of a "setting" rather than an "adjustment". Once I get used to how a bike feels I don't think I would like making a change like that very often...

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.