Carb Questions

2 replies to this topic
  • VOODOOCHILD

Posted September 25, 2011 - 02:36 PM

Got a 98 YZ400F thats stock. I'm going back throught the carb and wondering if there is anything to change to help it run even better. I've done the collar on the accel pump rod to help with bog. That helped get rid of some of it. It starts well and idles well. Does pop on decel just a bit which I believe is OK. I've changed the fuel mixture screw which is out 3 full turns. Added a quick shot accel bowl too. Jetting is all stock. I have stock exhaust but I shortened it about 3 inches (just looks) and repacked it. Thats all I've done and feel maybe I have been counter productive. Just looking for direction like different accel pump diaphram for a little more fuel. Maybe jetting change. Just open to options. Thanks for your time and please let me know if there is anymore info needed.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ttr250dude

Posted September 27, 2011 - 01:29 AM

If you have your fuel screw 3 turns out, it means your pilot jet is too small. Go up 1 size on your pilot jet, turn the fuel screw in a bit, and go from there.

Here's a link to the jetting database for your bike. Spend some time reading the posts to get a good starting point.
http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=694914

• VOODOOCHILD

Posted September 29, 2011 - 05:08 AM

Thanks for the info. I'm going to take your advise and start there. Just waiting on parts to show up. Thanks for your time.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.