2000 yz426f water in bottom end.

1 reply to this topic
  • BigM973

Posted September 25, 2011 - 02:25 PM

Bike was hard to start.Checked plug it was wet.Drained oil it had water in it.Pulled top end down replaced gaskets.Valve cover,head and cylinder.Rode bike for about 10min. until it would not run at idle or low RPM.Pulled plug it was wet again.Found one Radiator empty it was in the oil when I drained again.I have been told to check water pump shaft seals (oil and water).So if anyone has seen this or knows about this problem Please talk to me.I have looked at the impeller it looks good.Also it need steamed up or spit coolant.Please Help
Disciples On Dirt
Jacksonville,Fla.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted September 25, 2011 - 03:03 PM

The water pump is not at fault. Read:

http://www.thumperta...557#post9778557

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.