Wr450 valve adj.

3 replies to this topic
  • wjc2003

Posted September 16, 2003 - 07:04 PM

I just checked my valve clearances at 150 miles or so.They are within tolerances but I was wondering if any of you guys have had to actually adjust yours, and at what mileage?

• Indy_WR450

Posted September 16, 2003 - 07:29 PM

I did mine after 3000 non racing miles (trail riding). They were on the loose side just above spec. You want them on the tight side but within spec when you redo yours. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JerseyDirt

Posted September 17, 2003 - 11:43 AM

I had mine checked after 650 miles and they were within spec and no adjustment was required. :)

• IceBox

Posted September 18, 2003 - 07:42 AM

I was just out of spec on both exhaust valves at 355 miles. Intakes were in the middle of the range. I mainly rode trails and sand pits.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.