It has begun... 99 Rebuild!

52 replies to this topic
  • Bazzaboy7

Posted October 17, 2011 - 04:30 AM

Thanks - I just mailed the exact same guy to send me the dimensions of that item.
It looks the same as the one I have - but I can't tell how wide it is from where it contacts the inner wheel bearing to where it touches the raised diameter of the wheel spindle.
Hopefully he will measure it for me and let me know the dimensions .... then I jet need to figure out what's wrong !
Cheers for your time - I'll let you know what happens .................. keep up the good work on yours !!
Baz

• redswr

Posted October 21, 2011 - 07:12 PM

ok finally trued the front wheel... hope i did it right, it barely moves so i might try again tomorrow

• redswr

Posted November 29, 2011 - 11:43 PM

geez this is taking forever... anyways got my tires from my buddy finally, Dunlop 756 front and a Trials rear. Hopefully he'll get them trued up and mounted tomorrow so it'll at least be on the ground again!

• redswr

Posted December 29, 2011 - 11:36 PM

ok got the swing arm, motor and rads all hooked up... my buddy finally came over cause he wants to ride New Years...lol. Tomorrow the bars and all the wiring/cables get tossed on a long with mounting the tires up. :bonk:

• Bazzaboy7

Posted December 30, 2011 - 03:09 AM

Thanks - I just mailed the exact same guy to send me the dimensions of that item.
It looks the same as the one I have - but I can't tell how wide it is from where it contacts the inner wheel bearing to where it touches the raised diameter of the wheel spindle.
Hopefully he will measure it for me and let me know the dimensions .... then I jet need to figure out what's wrong !
Cheers for your time - I'll let you know what happens .................. keep up the good work on yours !!
Baz

Worked out what it was - at some point (before I had it) the speedo drive had spun round and taken about 8mm off the width courtesy of the drive spigots !! Ordered another from the US and it fits perfectly !! :bonk: Works too :smirk:

• redswr

Posted December 30, 2011 - 04:36 AM

Worked out what it was - at some point (before I had it) the speedo drive had spun round and taken about 8mm off the width courtesy of the drive spigots !! Ordered another from the US and it fits perfectly !! :smirk: Works too :bonk:

Awesome man :banana:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gill212

Posted January 01, 2012 - 12:17 PM

There is a plastic restoration kit on eBay for the wr 400. It might work

• redswr

Posted January 03, 2012 - 01:05 AM

heres a crappy pic... hopefully get it all done sometime this week but i'm needing a lot of stuff done to my truck too. We took it to the dunes minus an oil line and a rear axle nut cause i lost both but in the rebuild process :smirk:

Posted Image

• d13dkt

Posted January 04, 2012 - 12:13 PM

this is a great build ive just renewed all the plastics and stickers on my 400sm, so i now have a full set of kit for off road.
your frame and top yokes look great.

• j16out

Posted January 05, 2012 - 11:55 PM

looks great man, love the new headlight+powdercoated goodies, i just finished my 400, have you considered the 450 plastic upgrade?

Posted Image
Posted Image

• redswr

Posted January 06, 2012 - 02:28 AM

looks good man :smirk: Nah i hadn't thought about the 450 plastics, kinda like my big tank and i think i've found the graphics i'm going to go with already too, was thinking red back grounds with white numbers but i might just leave them off and just do the shrouds/fenders

• redswr

Posted January 06, 2012 - 02:33 AM

just saw these... pretty cool! would like to see them on a bike though... http://www.ebay.com/...#ht_2789wt_1037

• redswr

Posted July 30, 2012 - 01:29 PM

Well hello to anyone still following this...lol. Here she is! All done except some leaks, see my new post in here cause i need some help.

Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.