2011 YZ450F maping question

3 replies to this topic
  • JamesYZF

Posted September 23, 2011 - 01:47 PM

I was reading in a issue of MXA that the YZ40F comes with 2 maps from default. Is this true, and once I plug my power tuner in, will I have the ability to pick the other factory map? I can't find any information about this on Yamahas website or anywhere else.

In the MXA magazine, they said that the 2nd map was the overall best for a good portion of the people. Can anyone give me the particulars about this map and what it is setup to to different than the first map?

• dalonar

Posted September 23, 2011 - 03:45 PM

unless i missed it, you can only store 1 map in the ecu

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JamesYZF

Posted September 23, 2011 - 07:26 PM

That very well could be. I am new to the fuel injection thing on dirt bikes, so I'm learning as I go. It may have been the 2012 model that has the 2 maps in the ECU.

• steve_97060

Posted September 23, 2011 - 07:39 PM

I think you are confusing the KX with the YZ...

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.