Having trouble with a coolant leak.

3 replies to this topic
  • tl1000rlt

Posted September 23, 2011 - 02:18 AM

03 YZ450, the leak is coming from the front of the engine where the radiator pipe hooks in the engine, right next to the exhaust. I have taken it apart twice and replaced the O ring but I cant get it to stop leaking. I also have the pipe insert that goes into the head but I cant get the old one out. Any suggestions how to fix or what I am doing wrong? It sure seems to be a sloppy fit the way it goes together there.

• DC_Excitement

Posted September 23, 2011 - 05:55 AM

post a pick where its leaking from

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tl1000rlt

Posted September 24, 2011 - 07:13 AM

Dealer sent me wrong part. Im going to try to get an o ring of the right size at the hardware store. If it keeps leaking Ill get pics. thanx

• tl1000rlt

Posted September 25, 2011 - 05:55 PM

Ace hardware is my new o-ring outlet. They have hundreds and at 60-80 cents a peice, they are way cheaper than cycle related sites or dealers.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.