01 WR426

4 replies to this topic
  • RBWR

Posted September 16, 2003 - 09:17 AM

JUST PUT A FMFQ ON....BETTER MID AND TOP..FEELS PRETTY GOOD AND IS DEFINITELY QUIETER...ANYONE PUT A POWER NOW ON ONE OF THESE?? IS IT WORTH IT?....WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH THIS "GRAY WIRE"?...I HAVE THE AIRBOX OPENED UP AND OF COURSE THE THROTTLE STOP IS MODIFIED :)

• holeshot426

Posted September 16, 2003 - 09:21 AM

Do a search for grey wire or free mods and you will find tons of stuff. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Math

Posted September 16, 2003 - 10:22 AM

Is it as quiet as a stock... probably not but would it be decent on the road if I put one on mine?

Do you have a special header or the stock one?

Thanks

• RBWR

Posted September 16, 2003 - 10:53 AM

IT IS VERY QUIET AT IDLE....STOCK WITH THE PLUG IN IT IS JUST TOO RESTRICTIVE AND HAS NO POWER....I WOULD USE THIS ON THE ROAD FOR SURE....I CURRENTLY HAVE THE STOCK HEADER BUT WILL BE CHANGING THAT NEXT.
I HAVE THE AIR BOX OPENED UP ON MINE SO WHEN YOU OPEN THE THROTTLE UNDER POWER IT SOUNDS THROATY...BUT NOWHERE NEAR AS ANNOYING AS THE STOCK WITH THE PLUG REMOVED.

• Math

Posted September 16, 2003 - 11:02 AM

So the FMF Q is far from being as annoying as an unplugged stock pipe. Is this FMF Q decent for the road?

Thanks again.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.