YZ426F Forks

4 replies to this topic
  • YZrider 77

Posted September 20, 2011 - 09:22 PM

I just bought an 02 YZ426F pretty happy with it but i had a question if i could take the forks and shock off of my yz125 that were just re valved done up for me. i know i would have more problems in the front end. but would they fit and would it work right?

• caps 999

Posted September 21, 2011 - 01:39 AM

forks should fit rear shock wont but it wont matter it they were set up for your weight either as the 426 is a much heaver bike youl probably find your shocks to be way to soft even if you did swap them

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted September 21, 2011 - 08:35 AM

The rear shock would likely fit, too, but first, we don't know what year your 125 is, and second, the money you spent on the rework will be totally wasted if you were to put them on a 426 because of the aforementioned 60 pound difference in the bikes.

• YZrider 77

Posted September 21, 2011 - 09:15 AM

my 125 was an 04. but i think im going to get this suspension dialed in on this bike and forget about swapping it out

• grayracer513

Posted September 21, 2011 - 09:35 AM

The '04 suspension would fit, but the forks are 48mm, requiring the use of the '04 clamps, and the 125 steering stem is too short for the 426, so the stem would need to be swapped. Adding to that is the fact that the 125 forks are also shorter, which will affect the steering geometry and cause stability issues if not dealt with correctly.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.