Me Tupid...

3 replies to this topic
  • FTD

Posted September 16, 2003 - 06:18 AM

Well despite getting my front axle in... finally, I pulled another stunt.
I changed my oil last night getting ready for the big 5 dayer. Drained the oil, filled her back up, drained the old oil into a container out of the oil pan and what sits on the bottom of the pan but the gold washer for the bottom drain plug. :) Der fee derder.
Now, obviously I need to get that washer back on, right?

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted September 16, 2003 - 06:48 AM

As long as the bike doesn't leak, I don't see a problem... I guess you could always lean your bike over on its side and put it back on.. But I think it'll be fine..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DesertChris

Posted September 16, 2003 - 06:53 AM

Starting your bike will pump the oil into the frame sump, then lean it over as Dan stated and you should have little if any oil to deal with.

• tctrailrider

Posted September 16, 2003 - 07:22 AM

Lay it on its side, no oil will come out. Been there done that.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.