WR426 Bodywork

3 replies to this topic
  • crash279

Posted September 19, 2011 - 05:19 PM

I have been searching for a new rear fender for my WR426 and it appears as though they are difficult to find. Does anybody know where I could find a new one?

• dustdogg

Posted September 19, 2011 - 05:45 PM

If you don't care about the rear tail light then you can run the MX fender from the YZ 426. Acerbis and UFO are very common and are easily found at most shops or online. If you want the stock OEM fender then any Yamaha parts supplier can order it. The TT store is one source for either options or my quick google search brought this one up http://www.yamahapartsteam.com/

Part # 5BF-21611-00-00

On my 426 I have used both the stock WR and YZ fenders, but I currently have the stocker on because I had been doing some night riding. The YZ fender is definately the cheaper option, just make sure you tape up the leads when you disconnect the tail light.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • crash279

Posted September 19, 2011 - 09:01 PM

If you don't care about the rear tail light then you can run the MX fender from the YZ 426. Acerbis and UFO are very common and are easily found at most shops or online. If you want the stock OEM fender then any Yamaha parts supplier can order it. The TT store is one source for either options or my quick google search brought this one up http://www.yamahapartsteam.com/

Part # 5BF-21611-00-00

On my 426 I have used both the stock WR and YZ fenders, but I currently have the stocker on because I had been doing some night riding. The YZ fender is definately the cheaper option, just make sure you tape up the leads when you disconnect the tail light.

Well, it's for my supermoto, so I'm going to stick with the stock fender. I went to that link and got one on order. I appreciate your response.

Thanks!

• byggd

Posted September 20, 2011 - 12:33 PM

I don't know of anyone who makes one that will accept the OE tail light. You will probably need to use a YZ fender and a different tail light.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.