Stuck idle screw

2 replies to this topic
  • Lankyrider

Posted September 19, 2011 - 11:22 AM

My bike(YZ450F2008) is stored in the garage for the last 4 months and yesterday i decided to inspect it and do a basic maintenance. I noticed that the idle screw is stuck and it won't turn left or right, although i lubed the screw and the mechanism. Should i try anything else? or it's time for a new one?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted September 19, 2011 - 12:41 PM

The idle speed screw, or the idle mixture screw? Either way, you'd have to free it up to replace it, and then there's apt to be no need to.

The threads the speed screw turns into are hidden behind the throttle wheel cover on the carb. Pop that open and shoot some penetrating oil on it.

• Lankyrider

Posted September 19, 2011 - 06:15 PM

The idle speed screw, or the idle mixture screw? Either way, you'd have to free it up to replace it, and then there's apt to be no need to.

The threads the speed screw turns into are hidden behind the throttle wheel cover on the carb. Pop that open and shoot some penetrating oil on it.

yeah it's the idle speed screw. Thanks for replying.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.