i was wondering what jets,needle
clip position ect.
that i should run in my carb.
any input is greatly appreciated.
thanks!

Torch

• Bill

Posted July 01, 2001 - 09:35 PM

I run the White Bros tapered header and E-Series w/12 discs. My bike is a WR but, has been changed to YZ timing.

Read my signature below for the jetting.

OOPS....Use clip position #4 (from the top)

Bill

------------------
99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards, Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, EKP, 48PJ, 175MJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited 07-01-2001).]

• Shawbridge Husky

Posted July 02, 2001 - 05:55 AM

'99 YZ-400 ( 420 kit ) E-series with 12 discs, 185 main, 50 pilot, 100 pilot air, 2 turns out screw, 4 th clip on stock needle.
( will try James Dean / Bill jetting sometime soon with other than stock needle. Supposedly gives two-stroke like hit! )

If you are running stock pipe you may need to jet slightly leaner than with our high output aftermarket pipes. They clean out gases better and create a leaner condition if not jetted accordingly. So for stock exhaut I would suggest 180 main, 50 pilot, 4th clip, 1 3/4 turns out.

Take care.

• TORCH

Posted July 02, 2001 - 03:58 PM

Hugh
what kind of altitude
are you riding at?
i know that has a huge affect on carburation
right now i have 45 pilot 175 main
stock needle 3rd clip position from the top

but i am running a white bros e pipe
w/tapered header opened end cap.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Shawbridge Husky

Posted July 03, 2001 - 04:34 AM

0-1500' East coast ( Montreal area, Laurentian foothills ). The e-series will lean out your bike as you add plates. Check your plug colour but please do not forget to blow air through the hole provided in the casting before unscrewing. Go to the Stroker web site, they hace jetting specs there for the 98/99 and 00 bikes. Apparently the 98/99 came from factory too lean.

• TORCH

Posted July 03, 2001 - 07:09 AM

what is the web adress for the stroker web site?

• Shawbridge Husky

Posted July 03, 2001 - 12:03 PM

Dude, here ya go!

http://www.strokerspeed.com

• TORCH

Posted July 07, 2001 - 02:11 AM

Hugh
did you adjust your tps
and cut the throttle stop
like they suggested on
the stroker website?
if so what bennifit did you get
from it?

• Shawbridge Husky

Posted July 09, 2001 - 06:56 AM

I left everything else stock. If you have a WR you should look into the throttle stop mod. I don't think the YZ needs that mod.

Look up James Dean's posts on the WR side. They are using a different needle. Also look at Bill the Moderator's trailer when he posts. He has the needle model and MJ that he is using there.

I will try this combo later in summer.

Take care!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.