Radiator Drain screw?

6 replies to this topic
  • hoosierdude22

Posted September 18, 2011 - 06:07 PM

Is there a drain screw for the 2002 wr426? I can't seem to locate it. If not, what is the best way to flush the system?

• nnamssorxela

Posted September 18, 2011 - 06:53 PM

I believe you can just undo the small bolt on the water pump on the right side of the motor. Removing the radiator cap will help relieve pressure and allow the coolant to flow out.

In this picture you can see the water pump...
Posted Image

^^^obviously not the a wr but you get the idea.

• hoosierdude22

Posted September 19, 2011 - 06:00 AM

That is what I was thinking I would have to do. My brother has a KTM that has an actual drain screw, so I was hoping mine had one to and I was just missing it. This seemed like what I would need to do and really isnt all that bad as little as I need to do it. Thanks for your reply and your time!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 2smokeforlife

Posted September 19, 2011 - 06:08 AM

there should be a bolt in the bottom center of your water pump that has a copper washer on it that is the drain.

• 2smokeforlife

Posted September 19, 2011 - 06:11 AM

here is the parts fich number 11 is the bolt and 10 is the washer
http://www.motosport...426F/WATER-PUMP

• hoosierdude22

Posted September 20, 2011 - 05:43 AM

That is what I was hoping for. Thanks a bunch for taking the time to grab this picture. I looked at that bolt but thought it was something to do with the mounting of the pump iteself or even a case bolt. I know where this is and will tackle that this evening. I appreciate your help here.

Mark

• 2smokeforlife

Posted September 20, 2011 - 09:10 AM

No problem:thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.