tt ais removal kit

4 replies to this topic
  • husley23

Posted September 18, 2011 - 02:14 PM

is the tt ais removal kit still available ? need one for 2008 wr450 . can't seem to find it in tt parts stor.

• xxxshiftxxx

Posted September 25, 2011 - 06:44 PM

ANYONE?? i have the same question!!

Do we just need to buy the Yamaha one?:smashpc:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • climaxx dirtbikes

Posted September 26, 2011 - 12:51 PM

Make your own its easy! Even I did it. Cost Me like $6. Should be able to find a tutorial through search.

Good luck!

• RockyMtnScotsman

Posted September 27, 2011 - 09:14 PM

Make your own its easy! Even I did it. Cost Me like $6. Should be able to find a tutorial through search.

Good luck!

Same here and while I can do basic maintenance items myself when it comes to fabrication I'm mechanically inept. After I started mine I kicked myself for even considering wasting the $50 on a "kit" when there are so many other areas that $ could go to better use.

My cost was $0. After removing the pump and tubing, I plugged the airbox tube with the cap from an old Sharpie pen with the pocket clip cut off. Put a little RTV around the barrel and tap it into place. On the exhaust port of the head, I left the right angle connector in place and inserted a spent, cleaned .357magnum casing fits perfectly into the metal tubing, again driven the last few millimeters with a hammer and punch. On the intake side of the head, the right angle fitting is just press fit into the hole. Take a pair of pliers and rotate it back/forth while pulling it out. I filled this connector with JB Weld, let it dry overnight and re-inserted it.

Edited by RockyMtnScotsman, September 28, 2011 - 07:04 AM.

• xxxshiftxxx

Posted September 28, 2011 - 12:27 PM

Same here and while I can do basic maintenance items myself when it comes to fabrication I'm mechanically inept. After I started mine I kicked myself for even considering wasting the $50 on a "kit" when there are so many other areas that $ could go to better use.

My cost was $0. After removing the pump and tubing, I plugged the airbox tube with the cap from an old Sharpie pen with the pocket clip cut off. Put a little RTV around the barrel and tap it into place. On the exhaust port of the head, I left the right angle connector in place and inserted a spent, cleaned .357magnum casing fits perfectly into the metal tubing, again driven the last few millimeters with a hammer and punch. On the intake side of the head, the right angle fitting is just press fit into the hole. Take a pair of pliers and rotate it back/forth while pulling it out. I filled this connector with JB Weld, let it dry overnight and re-inserted it.

Right on. Thanks for the ideas... I am sure I will rig something up after I get the bike and actually see what I'm dealing with.:smashpc:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.