Suzuki Ct125 issues...

Hey my friend`s dad has an old suzuki ct125, I think thats what it is. Anyways I rebuilt his carb a while back and apparently none of us even thought about checking the oil, and it turned out that it had no oil in the crankcase at all.

BTW it`s a 2 stroke.

My buddy was riding it around like that and it suddenly died. Now when you pull the pull start it feels like it has not compression, but I can feel pressure when I stick my hand on the exhaust.

He wants to pay me to fix it but I`m not sure exactly whats wrong with it. I popped the valve caps off and I didnt see the rockers move.

My first guess is the piston.

Any ideas?

I mostly work with 4 stroke engines.

A CT125 is Honda Brand only and only made one year before that it was called SL125 which end up become know as XL125.

Don't you mean Suzuki TC125 or possable a TS125 what years it?.

Let me guest you over filled the transmissions fill will oil rigth? that bad idea that push all transmissions oil in to the crankcase and lock up the piston pull the spark plug see if it wet then your know your going have pull the head and jug off and drian all that oil out of crankcase and exhaust pipe.

Was he runing 2-stroke mix gas? if he didn't then you know what mean rigth more like BANG it seized up.

Did you all forgot to fill oil injection tank with 2-stroke oil? or injection cable was broke or oil injection pump was not working or lines where plug up so know what means BANG it seized up.

If you can work on 4 stroke engines then a 2 stroke engines is walk in park there super eazy to work on.

Yea I meant a ct125. No we ran mixed gas, but there was no motor oil in the crank case. I cant seem to find parts for it. The piston does move I can feel pressure on the exhaust when I pull it. My buddy was riding it for a while and he said it died all of a sudden and it wont start. When I pull the rope it feels funny, It feels loose.

Is this a 3 wheeler or 4 Wheeler or Bike and can you get picture of it.

You say it pull the rope?.

Sound more like the Yamaha 3 wheeler which was a 2 stroke engines know as YT125 and there also YT175.

Suzuki only had a few 2 stroke engines in 3 wheeler or 4 Wheeler which where ALT50, QuadSport 80, QuadRacer 250 and QuadZilla 500 all rest where 4 stroke engines

Edited by shspvr

This is a suzuki 4 wheeler with a 125cc 2 stroke. I dont know what exactly it is. Even the owner doesnt know exactly what year it is. It has an automatic clutch. with reverse. I believe, He says it`s a 1986.

That not possable because 125cc Suzuki 4 wheeler Model LT or aka QuadRunner 125 which was only made in 1983 to 1987 where all 4-stroke motor the only 4 model 2 stroke ever made by Suzuki and are QuadSport 50cc, 80cc, QuadRacer 250cc and QuadZilla 500cc

Suzuki never made a 125cc 2 stroke in a 4 wheeler in fact nobody made a 125cc 2 stroke in a 4 wheeler the only 125cc 2 stroke ever made was by Yamaha but it was a 3 wheeler know as YT125.

This what it should look like

0810_atvp_01_z+1983_Suzuki_QuadRunner_LT-125+American_Suzuki_Anniversary.jpg

Now for not want to run there are few thing you can check

1: Make sure your get a spark on plug or could be foul out plug be test a new plug

If not check kill switch besure that it not on

More likey what it could happing is that the CDI box failure or the Stator failure

If spark look good read on

Spary some starting fluid down carb if it start then you know your not getting Fuel in to carb so that means rust or junk in Tank which plug up the Fuel peacock and I'm sure it in the fuel line and fuel bowl as well so need clean all that out.

This is a suzuki 4 wheeler with a 125cc 2 stroke. I dont know what exactly it is. Even the owner doesnt know exactly what year it is. It has an automatic clutch. with reverse. I believe, He says it`s a 1986.

If it is a Suzuki.. And a 125.. Then it is a 4 stroke and not a 2 stroke.

That not possable because 125cc Suzuki 4 wheeler Model LT or aka QuadRunner 125 which was only made in 1983 to 1987 where all 4-stroke motor the only 4 model 2 stroke ever made by Suzuki and are QuadSport 50cc, 80cc, QuadRacer 250cc and QuadZilla 500cc

Suzuki never made a 125cc 2 stroke in a 4 wheeler in fact nobody made a 125cc 2 stroke in a 4 wheeler the only 125cc 2 stroke ever made was by Yamaha but it was a 3 wheeler know as YT125.

This what it should look like

0810_atvp_01_z+1983_Suzuki_QuadRunner_LT-125+American_Suzuki_Anniversary.jpg

That pic is exactly what it looks like. I swear it says suzuki on the frame.

It has an oiler tank.