9 replies to this topic
  • slomo138

Posted September 15, 2003 - 11:12 AM

On the WR450
Has anyone changed to a different battery?
If so which one?
Mine does not seem to hold a charge very well.

• GrahamO

Posted September 15, 2003 - 11:24 AM

I haven't heard of any 450s holding a charge very well if you use it often. Unless you're crashing every 15 feet though, that shouldn't be a problem. My kickstarter has much better success than the e-start anyway.

• ddialogue

Posted September 15, 2003 - 02:04 PM

I haven't had any issues with my battery not holding a charge. Never charged it at all. Not once. Not even from the factory. A lot of guys have had some battery issues but honestly, I haven't. My bro-in-law hasn't had an issue with his at all either. We both picked ours up in January of this year and we use the E-start all the time! :)

• ill_caper

Posted September 15, 2003 - 02:15 PM

Yeah thats weird. I leave my ignition on alot accidentally. It sits for a while and it always starts great. I hope I dont run inot any problems. The more I ride this thing, the more I love it. The W is great!!! :) :D :D

• drzphatkid

Posted September 15, 2003 - 03:45 PM

I've had battery issues ,i had to charge it 3or4 times.I had to buy a battery tender for it bacause the big charger did not work but the tender did.It seams to be holding a charge now it's been 2 weeks and still holding. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted September 15, 2003 - 06:51 PM

no battery issues with mine. I keep it on a trickle charger between rides. :)

• The_Blue_One

Posted September 15, 2003 - 07:06 PM

No problems with mine either :D I leave the switch on all the time and ity usually still starts with the e-start :D And on the rare occasion that is doesn't the kick starter fires the beast up and it is charged by the time i stop. :)

• teallen3

Posted September 15, 2003 - 07:37 PM

I leave the switch on mine all the time by accident. It still starts on the first crank everytime. The problem my be that -From what I have heard- the 450 has the same starter as the 250. As you know, the 450 has a lot more motor to turn over. Just thought. My 250 has never had a battery problem and I have left my ignition on overnight! I am too stupid sometimes! :D :) :D

• gsxrguy

Posted September 15, 2003 - 08:12 PM

I left my on all last week and when i went to ride on sunday it was DEAD. So i kicked it all day and 3hr of riding and it was charged up.

• rohar

Posted September 16, 2003 - 10:20 AM

No issues here. I have not needed a trickle charger or anything else. I have left the bike sitting for more than two weeks (bummer) and the battery held its charge just fine. A trickle charger is no doubt a good idea though - especially as we head into colder months.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.