04 yz450 build questions.

3 replies to this topic
  • jrlyz450f

Posted September 14, 2011 - 09:49 AM

So I picked up my 04 yz450 in june and it is a little rough so my plan was to ride it till winter and get use to it being that it my first bike and its a little too big for me (5'8 135lbs). I have grown to like the bike a lot and its about time to start the break down. But what I really am thinking about doing is making it street legal. So what's the best stator to buy. I have looked on ricky stator and they have the wr450 stator but not the yz's. What mods would it take to use it? Thanks.

• Schpenxel

Posted September 14, 2011 - 10:04 AM

I've seen at least 40 threads on the street legal topic in the last month. Surely you can do some searching

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jrlyz450f

Posted September 14, 2011 - 02:37 PM

I have been doing research all day and there are only three stators I can find there's the one from electrexusa.com but that one only put out 35w and then there are moose and electrosport which from all the forums I have read they are worthless from what everbody is saying. If anybody has actually used these and can say different please do but if somebody can point me in a different direction that would help.

• RickyStator

Posted September 15, 2011 - 01:42 PM

They all come from the same place , there good for about 20 watts @ 5000RPM.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.