2008 YZF 450 - Valve whistle?!

No replies to this topic
  • NewMexican

Posted September 13, 2011 - 04:07 PM

I'm not sure how else to describe it, but after about 10 hrs on the complete bottom-end & top-end rebuild (minus any head/valve work) it just started making a higher rpm noise?

I can't describe it any other way other than to call it a 'valve whistling'?

Here is how I can induce it, but it always happens around these same conditions lately:

2nd-3rd Gear, higher rpms, kinda like when your towards the end of a straight and you don't really want to shift again, since your almost to the next corner. I'm not hitting the rev limiter, but I am pretty far up in the rpm range when it happens.

Like a 'ssshhhwwwiieesssss'

Any idea if I should be concerned, or could it just be another version of those noisy yz valves?

No other wierd noises just putt-N-around though? Power is good, shifting, clutch, etc, everything else is working pretty darn good!

Edited by NewMexican, September 13, 2011 - 04:11 PM.
add more details

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.