20 inch front wheel

2 replies to this topic
  • irondude

Posted September 14, 2003 - 10:11 PM

Had a chance to ride a BRP with a 20 inch front wheel down in Baja last week.

What an amazing difference. It was a BIG improvement when cornering, or when riding along a trail at an angle. It significantly changed the whole geometry of the bike. Instead of constantly trying to keep weight over the front wheel for traction, my riding position was significantly pitched forward. I wasnt scrambling to get up on the tank or over the front end around slippery corners.
I couldnt find any down side to the mod-other than the front tire choice would be slightly less. Not sure if they make heavy duty 20" tubes, either. But a really cool mod that i will will consider next time i change rims...I hear Johnny goes with 20 inchers as well...hmmmm

hasta,
Mike

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FHP

Posted September 16, 2003 - 04:57 AM

How was it in the sand ?

• irondude

Posted September 16, 2003 - 06:16 PM

Seemed to go fine thru the sand. Tire was a 739 Dunlop, so no issues with sand...not sure how it would do in woops, or bigger rock gardens....

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  132 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.