running without the headlight

24 replies to this topic
  • GuyGraham

Posted October 19, 2011 - 08:37 AM

Fired off this question to Yamaha UK technical support, via my local main stealer

Reply back form Yamaha, was that it will cause issues
They said if I wanna remove headlight, then I will need a resistor wired in to replicate the headlight resistance.
apparently, the <07 WR's that have the headlight switch have a resistor built into the switch which takes the load when the power to the bulb is cut

Managed to get a headlight of fleabay, so its all academic now anyway

• WR_Dave

Posted October 19, 2011 - 09:21 AM

How many years does it take to cause an issue since mine has been off with the switch for about 5 years and 8,000 kms of riding! Not sure when the problem is going to show up !!!! Good Luck with your new light.

WR Dave

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GuyGraham

Posted October 20, 2011 - 03:42 AM

re-read the above post

If you have an on - off switch, according to the information i was given you won't have an issue, so its not going to show up!

The +07's have the headlight wired on all the time running directly off the stator, have no headlight switch

• W R

Posted October 20, 2011 - 04:05 AM

My son's 06 WR 450 did not come with a switch either. He wanted the bike to look more like a YZ so I made a new bracket to move the headlight in and put a number plate in front of it. I also wired in a switch so that if it gets dark out he pulls one pin to remove the number plate and then flips a swtich to turn on the light. It has been running that way for about one year now with out any problems.Posted Image

• W R

Posted October 20, 2011 - 04:07 AM

Not sure what happend to the first photo so here it is.Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.