A little carb help please...

5 replies to this topic
  • bkridin

Posted September 11, 2011 - 03:21 PM

Been getting my '06 WR450 ready for the Reno 200. I rejetted it and put a Needle Jet in since its been sitting for 4-6 months. Put it back together and it started right up and then it just started dumping fuel out the overflow hose. Took the float bowl off hooked up the fuel supply and held the float up, turned the gas on and fuel still comes whether the float is up or not. Can the needle and seat go to crap just like that or is something else going on.
Another question, there is a small bail connected to the needle valve. Does the tang on the float fit between the bail and plunger on the float valve?

Thanks for any help,
Bob

• Krannie McKranface

Posted September 11, 2011 - 04:15 PM

Your float valve is sticking in the carb brass cavity. It needs to be removed, cleaned and polished, as does the brass cavity. It's probably not the seal, it's probably just stuck.

• bkridin

Posted September 11, 2011 - 04:23 PM

I need to go by the dealer for another part, may just pick up a new needle valve as long as I am there.
Thanks,

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted September 11, 2011 - 04:46 PM

I need to go by the dealer for another part, may just pick up a new needle valve as long as I am there.
Thanks,

Make sure you clean and polish the brass part the needle goes into.

• strtdsmallproject

Posted September 11, 2011 - 07:12 PM

needle valve plunger spring sounds like its worn. I have replaced 3 out of 6 this year on my bikes and solved float issues. I did make sure float level was correct first.

• strtdsmallproject

Posted September 11, 2011 - 07:14 PM

. Does the tang on the float fit between the bail and plunger on the float valve?

Thanks for any help,
Bob

yep thats exactly how the needle goes on the float!:)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.