00 clutch upgrade

7 replies to this topic
  • Dan_YZF

Posted June 29, 2001 - 11:37 AM

Hi gang

I just receive the 3 parts needed from the 01 clutch to perform the upgrade (friction plate, spring plate and flat steel plate) on my 00, i'm not sure wich way to put the spring plate, larger side pointed to others plates or pointing to the clutch basket?

Now it's pointing to the basket, and clutch action is WAY improved!! butter smooth now, but I'll have tho shave a bit from my lengthened pull arm, as the new action let me without much freeplay now.

• MikeOK

Posted June 29, 2001 - 12:36 PM

Hey Dan- I want to do the same to mine. Would it be too much trouble to post the part #'s here? I know I saw hem awhile back but I can't seem to find them after the TTalk crash. Thanks...

• #1_Hit-man

Posted June 29, 2001 - 12:48 PM

Just go to the search and type in cluch up grade. That will give you the info. :) Have a nice weekend! ~Hit-man~

00'YZ426F 00'XR50R LATER DAYS!!!

• #1_Hit-man

Posted June 29, 2001 - 12:51 PM

Sorry, it is CLUTCH UP GRADE! missed a key LATER!!! ~Hit-man~

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hick

Posted June 29, 2001 - 01:34 PM

Originally posted by MikeOK:
Would it be too much trouble to post the part #'s here?

This is what I wrote down:

5JG-16321-00-00 01 YZ First Friction Plate
5JG-16383-00-00 Clutch Boss & Spring
5JG-16384-00-00 Seat Plate

• MikeOK

Posted June 29, 2001 - 02:48 PM

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 29, 2001 - 04:45 PM

Dan I did the mod to my '00.
Look closely at the spring plate, it has outside stamped on it. It goes in like this
pressure plate< ) >seat plate/inner hub

Don't redo your arm until you have a few hours on it as the freeplay seems to come back as it breaks in.

• Dan_YZF

Posted June 30, 2001 - 06:44 AM

Ok tanks F-Pilot

I'm sorry to hear that I was too much in a hurry to look closely at the parts (what a dumbass I am....lol)...anyway I'll reinstall it in the proper way.

Thanks for the hint about the lost freeplay too, I was pissed to get back to harder clutch pull. I'll try it like it is now for a time, then decide later if I redo it or not

What a helpfull board isn't it...

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.