clutch replaced...but

2 replies to this topic
  • czechalien

Posted September 08, 2011 - 04:39 PM

2009 YZ450F, so I just replaced clutch, bought OEM kit, springs, plates and gasket.
Soaked i in the motor oil for an hour, put all in in the right order, starting with friction and ending with friction plate.
I noticed the lever had too much play (not before), so adjusted that with little play.
Start it, put it in gear, pull in the clutch lever and it doesnt fully disengage! nothing strong, not like the bike wants to take off. If I'm off the bike, standing next to it, bike in gear clutch in, it has very little pull?
What's up with that???? is it normal will it go away???

THX

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Yamaryder29

Posted September 08, 2011 - 05:24 PM

I would take the clucth apart and reassemble it. I've seen where the catch up when installing the outer pressure plate. I did that once and I had the same situation, way too much free play. Try that and be very careful when reinstalling it. Good luck

• grayracer513

Posted September 09, 2011 - 06:38 AM

It is fairly normal, and the cheaper aftermarket kits are really bad about it. It should behave much better after the first hour, and may even straighten itself out just from leaving it sit compressed under the springs for a couple of days.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.