uncorking 2011 wr450f

6 replies to this topic
  • toscaredtofly

Posted September 07, 2011 - 06:02 PM

ok ive seen tons of post on this but havent came across the answers im looking for. i bought a wr450f a few days ago and well my buddys 450s are destroying me so i plan to:

remove baffle
ias
snorkle
grey wire

so do they make a kit i can buy bc i no ill need to change jets or what size jets will i need on my 2011 wr450f im in missouri i beleive 900 feet above sea level
thanks for any help

• wrwest

Posted September 08, 2011 - 10:29 AM

Start with a 168 main jet, NFLR YZ 450 F needle middle clip , 50 pilot jet and most important of all to avoid a bog on quick throttle openings - buy a boysen quickshot adjustable leakjet!
Also get the Yamaha GYTR ais removal kit.

Important!!!! in the Gytr yamaha ais kit is a shorter throttle stop screw alowing full throttle compared to half throttle if not installed

• wrwest

Posted September 08, 2011 - 10:32 AM

Remove the complete airbox cover and also the baffle inside the exhaust .

This will be a good basic starting point for tuning.

If you have the bucks consider the boysen powerbowl for the carb

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mikewrf18

Posted September 11, 2011 - 06:06 AM

Start with a 168 main jet, NFLR YZ 450 F needle middle clip , 50 pilot jet and most important of all to avoid a bog on quick throttle openings - buy a boysen quickshot adjustable leakjet!
Also get the Yamaha GYTR ais removal kit.

Important!!!! in the Gytr yamaha ais kit is a shorter throttle stop screw alowing full throttle compared to half throttle if not installed

Like wrwest stated,
Out of all the mods the yzf throttle stop will give you the biggest noticable difference if it hasn't been done already. I'd start with that. Then do all the other free mods together after and rejet at the same time.

• toscaredtofly

Posted September 18, 2011 - 08:55 AM

thanks for all the info i ordered parts online so took a while to get it all but last night my parts came in i had ordered 168 jet and a 50 as you suggested but my AIS removal kit came with a 175 jet and all of the other various jets i needed in the carb as you said i couldnt beleve the diff in the throttle stop screw.

long story and long night short i took it out this morning and holy cow what a diff cant wait to ride with my buddies and show them that my "turd" can run with the crf450r's

thanks for the help

• kawi380

Posted September 18, 2011 - 03:58 PM

Don't buy a super expensive after market exhaust. go with a full yz system, they flow plenty for the wr:ride:. Sounds like you have everything else under control:thumbsup:

• mikewrf18

Posted September 19, 2011 - 05:10 AM

Don't buy a super expensive after market exhaust. go with a full yz system, they flow plenty for the wr:ride:. Sounds like you have everything else under control:thumbsup:

I agree. I picked up this 08' copmplete YZ450F exhaust with Pro Moto Billet spark arrestor end cap for $100 from a guy here on TT. It tucks nicely behind the number plate, and really opened the bike up. Contact some of the guys on the YZF forum and I"m sure someone has already upgraded they're exhaust and has the stocker sitting around.

Posted Image

Edited by mikewrf18, September 19, 2011 - 05:30 AM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.