GYTR head

15 replies to this topic
  • mx369

Posted September 07, 2011 - 04:43 PM

anybody using one? How much power gain? top end ,bottom end, mid? looking at one for motocross

• geshields

Posted September 08, 2011 - 06:12 AM

I have one on my 2010 bike. I bought it used. There is a power gain, but how much I don't know. I know it pulls hard if I want it to. The power gain is very manageable though. It doesn't pull your arms out of their sockets.

The power gain is all throughout the power range. I have the full head(cams, porting, etc) with a GYTR high compression piston, FMF 4.1 exhaust system and I run VP U4.4 with the Yamaha recommended tuner settings for this.

Overall I love the setup but I can't say I would have bought a new one for $1800. I am not trying for a national championship where every bit of HP and torque matter.

• mx369

Posted September 08, 2011 - 07:00 AM

thanx. looking at a used one.

• geshields

Posted September 08, 2011 - 07:06 AM

I would say go for it if it used and in good shape. Mine had about 10 hours on it when I bought it. Valves and cams looked to be in perfect condition.

• ellisde

Posted September 10, 2011 - 04:23 AM

on my 010 i first run the kit piston/head but the high comp piston was too strong and it broke my crankshaft after 35 h. i have to say that i although run a GET ignition with custom map from my tuner.the ignition makes the most of the extra power,now i run stock piston with GYTR head and the GET and its the best bike i ever run ( my bike cost me 18000€)
im faster with less power at the bottom an more at top , the yz 450 sound like a 250f and needs to be ride like one

the gytr head with GET is not to beat ,but i would first go for the GET ignition..

• steve_97060

Posted September 10, 2011 - 09:16 AM

on my 010 i first run the kit piston/head but the high comp piston was too strong and it broke my crankshaft after 35 h. i have to say that i although run a GET ignition with custom map from my tuner.the ignition makes the most of the extra power,now i run stock piston with GYTR head and the GET and its the best bike i ever run ( my bike cost me 18000€)
im faster with less power at the bottom an more at top , the yz 450 sound like a 250f and needs to be ride like one

the gytr head with GET is not to beat ,but i would first go for the GET ignition..

do you have a link to the GET ignition?

• ellisde

Posted September 11, 2011 - 01:52 AM

http://shop.acr-moto...EVO ECU YZ450F"

this one is lightly used and its got the acr-motorsport yz 450 map on it,i use the same.i think pro circuit sells GET too.the prices are all over the world the same.
i although use the GET GPA ( antischlupfregelung- remember when bubba got controlled after the super cross race,they thought the GPA was elligal! )
the GPA is like a wonder!!!! ones you get used to ride it , u get so higher corner speed. at first i ran it at point 4-5 from 10 ( higher more gap,lower like standard ) now i ran it at perfect dirt at 1-2 and when its slippery 2-3! no more high sider too.

when i first started with the GET equipment i thought i won't be the money worth , but now i do understand why all the european gp teams run all GET .
if you have any question ask me or write to andreas from acr motorsport.he will help u out. ( nice jung guy who lives the mx thing :) )

the get ignition is complete adjustable ,not like tokyomod or yoshimura ,u can change everything - but to be honest, its very difficult !

...now I'm going to watch the GP at vermo italy , ken roczen is riding a ktm 125 t !!!!!

• Wes Woodin

Posted September 11, 2011 - 08:00 PM

G fer it!:)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • poliisi2

Posted September 11, 2011 - 11:55 PM

Hi. How it happen did you break crankshaft ? Just under piston pin? Was engine totally destroyed?

• ellisde

Posted September 12, 2011 - 06:28 AM

@ poliisi2

..the crankshaft was just before a brake,the bottom bearing wasn't abel to move anymore.i think a couple of minutes more riding and it would have broken. i noticed first less top end power -it was just a little bit ,but it was enough to now something is wrong !!

i wouldn't go with a high comp with out a stronger crankshaft like carillo..

• grayracer513

Posted September 12, 2011 - 07:05 AM

i wouldn't go with a high comp with out a stronger crankshaft like carillo..

Based on my experience, I would have to dispute the contention that the piston had anything to do with the failure of the rod bearing.

• ellisde

Posted September 13, 2011 - 08:49 PM

@grayracer :) i do men the Pleuellager ( the bearing from the connection rod) sorry my english is not so good.

I'm going to write a review over my bike , do spend nearly 20.000€ for it,its got the best you can by.i have about 70 h of race experience on it now, its really interesting ...

and with the GET data recording the power of the bike is prove !

• grayracer513

Posted September 14, 2011 - 06:51 AM

@grayracer :) i do men the Pleuellager ( the bearing from the connection rod) sorry my english is not so good.

Yeah, well, my German ist unverständlich. :)

Still saying that the piston hand no direct causal relationship to the rod bearing failure. So far, including yours, I've heard of two of them seizing.

• ellisde

Posted September 14, 2011 - 12:05 PM

i think you are wrong. the stock piston has 12:1 the gytr is 14:1 and the ignition when tuned to more power,starts earlier. so every time the rod bearing get one heavy on its head :) .. when the times goes by the bearing play get more.at this time the connection rod gets all the power and breaks.

if you run a tuned motor ,the ignition ignite earlier thats the way you get more power to the engine,this with high comp piston needs a stronger connection rod.if not its a question of time when it brakes.

i did now that when i first put in the gytr piston. but i thought it would least more then 20 hours :)

to be honest my engine with the complete gytr kit and GET ignition was too much power. i didn't ride it on the top rpm .bevore i came there,it pullet bake the throttle ;) lol

• grayracer513

Posted September 14, 2011 - 02:15 PM

I say the piston didn't do it. The combination of the piston and the aftermarket ignition might have, though. When you start fiddling with the spark advance, you need to be careful. Early ignition is really tough on things.

The only other '10+ rod bearing I've heard of failing was stock, BTW. There are lots of very high power modified '10's running around that haven't broken anything, many of them producing much more power than what you got from compression and timing.

• ellisde

Posted September 15, 2011 - 08:57 PM

anyway ... I'm not going without a stronger connection rod .that whas close enough to a total motor explosion .

it would be interesting how to make more power of an 10?

the gytr head can't to be beat ,its machine cnc an no human can work by hand so perfect.high comp piston ,crankshaft perfect balanced ( i got my to 0,001-2), steuerkettenspanner (time chain extender ) manuell , efi body work, twin air filter kit for better flow ,get ignition ,exhaust and?

i thing these days the tuning of an mx bike total changed .its no longer a question of pistons and cylinders , its a question of setting a engine ! compled a engine like above can everybody , but to get it run thats the point !

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  91 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.